Tuesday, November 25, 2008

and the winner is...

...Sara! (chosen by random.org)

Congratulations, Sara! I know you will love your new necklace!! And thank you, Lisa, for donating this beautiful piece of jewelry!

Thank you all so much for participating. I hope you had a chance to view all of Lisa Leonard's amazing designs. Maybe you were able to pick something out for yourselves! I don't know about your husbands, but mine sure liked getting my e-mail several months ago with a link to Lisa's website, the specific necklace I wanted, and exactly what I wanted on the necklace. After a few clicks, he was done shopping and he had something he knew I'd like! And there were no lines, parking lots, or crowds! Couldn't be easier!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's comments, and seeing how much we all have to be thankful for. No matter how different we all are, there seemed to be a few things that we all had in common. It all came back to faith, family, friends, and freedom. No one was most thankful for their possessions...it was all about people. People who stick by us through thick and thin. People who add love, joy, and comfort to our days. People who are willing to sacrifice everything to protect our freedom and fight for the freedom of others. And most importantly, a Savior who was willing to die for our sins.

In the busyness of our lives, it is all too easy to take these things for granted. We tend to forget that we have so much to be thankful for. We focus on what we are lacking instead of all of the blessings that surround us.

Maybe this week, we can start to change our thinking. Maybe we can use this Thanksgiving to change our hearts. And maybe, just maybe, that change can last!

2 comments:

The Allens said...

That was a wonderful post! And I am SUPER excited that I won the beautiful necklace! I love yours! I have been thinking about what I'm going to have on it.

Ms. Tee said...

Congratulations to Sara! :)
I am going to be ordering some things from Lisa Leonard this Christmas. Her jewelry is just beautiful.

What a wonderful post, too. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!