Friday, March 20, 2009

Finally!

My blogging lately has been sporadic, at best. I could give you tons of excuses, but the bottom line is that I just haven't felt like it. I haven't really been in the mood to sit down and post some cute pictures of the girls, or go on and on about all of the wonderful things that have been happening around our house. Honestly, until the past few days, there haven't been many cute pictures. Most of the stories I have to tell would be far from wonderful.

And that's hard to admit.

For the past few weeks, the tears have come close to outnumbering the laughs. They've shed tears over everything from hurt feelings to not getting their way. I've shed tears out of sheer frustration, and because I just haven't been the mom I want to be.

That, too, is hard to admit.

Finally, a couple of days ago, things started to change. Yes, they are still three. And yes, they might still be throwing the kind of tantrums in public that draw a crowd.

But something is different. We've actually been having fun these past few days! I've enjoyed them more, and they are enjoying me! We've laughed more than we've cried, and the good moments have outweighed the bad.

I'm hoping this trend will continue! I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these happy faces...

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm glad that things are different. Hooray, for laughs and wonderful moments.

Have a great weekend.

Jodee said...

So sorry to hear about your rough week! I can relate -- some days are better than others! Hope you have lots of happy faces this weekend!