Monday, October 20, 2008

I'll be loving you FOREVER!

You already know about a few of the things I am madly in love with. Of course there is my husband. Then there are my kids. And then there's the minivan. What I haven't told you about is a love that began before all of these. Before Violet, and way before my girls. Even before Toby, I've loved these five. Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Danny, and Jonathan. Oh yes, I'm talking about the New Kids On The Block!!! And I got the see them the other night! LIVE!! I can't even put the experience into words! An arena full of 30-something women, squealing like a bunch of 13-year-old girls. It was great! They were even better than they last time I saw them many, many years ago...with my dad! Who else has a dad like that?! Years may have passed, but once we walked through those doors, it was all the same. We were on our feet the entire time, hands in the air, singing and screaming. I didn't buy the $40 t-shirt, but thanks to Jennifer, a fellow NKOTB fan, I've got plenty of pictures to remember the night. SO. MUCH. FUN.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

So that second pic had to have been from the "o-o-o-o-o" part of The Right Stuff, right? I am glad to see the didn't have the fly girl backup dancers like they did on the today show. So jealous!!

Kristi said...

My dad went with my sister Sunday as well! He took my sister and her junior high best friend many many years ago and my sister surprised my dad with tickets for his birthday LOL.

The Norvells said...

I can't believe you went to that concert! I heard about it on the radio and I was thinking to myself...I wonder if I know anyone who was going. I, too, loved them once a long time ago, but then I discovered home Improvement and Jonathan Taylor Thomas. He quickly became my new teenage heartthrob!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you went with us! I'm sorry you had to stand beside me and hear that awful singing of mine. Is your arm bruised? I'm sorry I bumped into you so many times. It was awesome though wasn't it!

Rebecca said...

That is too funny. I remember when they were on the Today Show this summer and I totally expected them to suck (I wasn't a big fan the first time around), but they didn't! They were oddly entertaining...glad you had a good time!